Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Lovely Lynne Leggo

To the lovely Lynne

As I sit here in the slumbering skies of Fort McMurray, I am trying to get my mind to understand that you are well again. Perfectly well, resting in heavenly arms.

I remember your first day working at the museum with me. You were older than I, and was able to shed light on the differences that I couldn't see. You were wise and kind. You were the one that became the anchor and the one that kept us in touch. Even though we moved on to other places, we were still linked through you.

There was a lively brightness to your soul. There was the candy jar on the desk that was never empty. Each season brought a new chapter to the decor of your area. We had dancing Santa and singing fish. There were loud Halloween jars, and spiders hung from the ceiling. You had a smile for everyone and a laugh that could fill a room. Yes, we knew her and called her the lovely Lynne.

Lovely Lynne also became the 'honorary grandmother". Many of us started families under her watchful eye. She had a desk full of photographs of her own grandchildren, and the adopted grandbabies too. I lost count of how many.

Lynne was full of humor, vibrant and dynamic. Passionately, she became the champion for the United Way Campaign. Later, she was passionate about raising awareness for Breast Cancer research. She battled, went into remission and now lost.

Rest In Peace. I'll miss you oh and I forgot (I don't know how) that she LOVED everything Elvis.
.Lynne Leggo

No comments:

Post a Comment