Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ought to Procrastinate

I ought to be doing something productive, like anything other than sitting here in the dark basement, by myself, trolling the internet. I ought to be finding my keys that I have lost. I ought to plug in the van so that it starts in the morning. I ought to call home so that they know that I am OK. I ought to make lunches. I ought to clean the house. I ought to tuck the girls up and give them snuggles. I ought to get some work done. I ought, I ought, I ought . . .

Who says so?

Why do I have this conscience that insists that being lazy is a sin? Why do I feel the need to be social all the time? There seems to be this switch in my head that makes it acceptable to be on the go for the entire part of my day. But the thing is today, I just don't want to. I am quite content to be in the basement - where there is no noise. None at all. I can hear the clicking of the keys as I type this and I find that quite satisfying.

This is procrastination at its best. I ought to go to bed by now and try to be civil to the world in the morning - since I have nothing on the go currently (but I should - oh should I ever!). I am never civil to the dark morning so I won't do that bed thing just yet. No, I think for the next half hour, I will continue to read blogs, and revel in that procrastinating spirit that seems to possess my brain once in awhile. It is there, and is GRINNING at you! Come and play. You ought too!

2 comments:

  1. Me and friends call this feeling "hermiting", mind you i am more of an introvert than you are. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a fabulous term - I will remember that!

    ReplyDelete