Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Insomnia Bites

Like most of you, my life is lived fairly flat our at this time of year. There are the dance recitals and rehearsals. School lessons and the buses to catch. There are lunches to make and work to get to. Swimming lessons and shopping for the necessities. Add to that a flat tire and fixing it on the way to pick up children...and you have my world.

The irritating factor in all of this is that I am supposed to be asleep at the moment. We are at day 8 of not sleeping for more than a short nap. That would be the royal me myself and I. The rest of the house is asleep, including the cat. You can hear the rumbles and wall thumps from here on the sofa. I did actually consider going to bed for awhile, but since I can't seem to sleep there, I thought I would try the sofa for something different. And I am still awake.

I am so tired and sleepy as long as the lights are on. But if the lights are on, I don't want to go to sleep because it feels odd. Tonight, my pillows are lumpy, the mattress is crooked and I swear I could give the princess in that princess and pea story a run for her money. So, I am out of bed on the sofa that is too hot, in a room that feels too big and a kitchen that is tempting me to have a cuppa tea.

Growl, hiss, spit. I need to go back upstairs I think. And yes, we have tried sleeping pills before. However, I will sleep for a minimum of 8 hours and I have to be awake again in 5 hours. Warm milk is not working nor is the wine. And for the record? They don't mix well either. I would opt for someone knocking me out with a club - but somehow no one is volunteering to do that. I admit that there is a lot on my plate mentally speaking, but I am not worrying about it. I did reckless book a week at a hotel in Hawaii tonight...but that is another story.

So, if anyone is bored and awake...misery loves company - especially in the middle of the night.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there
    I would volunteer to knock you out with a frying pan? Works better than a club.
    Ummm...other ideas...hypnosis? reading a boring book? watching an infomercial? talking with me? Watching Exit to Eden?
    Hope you get to sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing - totally should have stayed on the computer. Missed this comment and I was sooo bored!

    ReplyDelete