Monday, April 30, 2012

Spring

I just love watching the sun set over the rippling current of the Athabasca River. The ice is still jigging its way merrily downstream and the water level varies according to how much ice is present. Finally, we are in the season of warming days, no jackets...no scarves, mittens or hats. The winter boots can be set aside for our proverbial "wellies" aka "rubber boots".

This is the land of the midnight sun. You can see the spirits rise as people are outside in the sunshine. It is these people that are seeking the happy places in this community. Many of us are still processing the tragic accident on Highway 63. But in the depths of despair there is hope. I see the beautiful blossoming of spring as it comes alive. I see the new babies strolling with their mothers. I see the blue warm skies and the gorgeous sunsets.

I believe that we all have a purpose on this planet. I believe that we have to live with intention and do the best we can with the choices that we have in front of us. It is so easy to get caught up in the negative emotions and fears. Truth be told, everyone has their own demons to fight and conquer. So, I have to choose to focus on the positive things that are going on.

There is the compassion car rally this weekend. There is the opportunity to go scrapbooking and make memories that will last. There is the chance to visit with friends and family. I have a dog that is delighted to see me when I show up to take him for a walk. There are interesting stories to listen to and children's games to laugh with. There is such joy to be had in the little things.

This is my favorite time of year. I can't wait for the grass to green and the flowers to bud. (And yes, in the Fall I will say that is my favorite too). Life is about to get insanely busy with rehearsals, music recitals and the end of year programs for the munchkins. But one thing I know for certain...winter is done and there is a world of spring just waiting for me to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment