Sunday, October 28, 2012

PBR and Home



Sundays…the day of rest, but there isn’t rest for those that want to experience free breakfast at the Wyndham. We were up and out for 9:00 am with our breakfast at Starbucks. Lounging at the pools, eating our bagels and sipping at coffee, this seems like a way of life that I could so get used to. Sniff, I have to go home today.

But first, the PBR. Walking through the heating sun, we reached the Thomas and Mack Center and straight up we hiked to our nosebleed seats. We were lucky enough to sit next to an expert that filled us in on a lot of details about the bulls and riders. First, we had a concert by Easton Corbin and he rocked the PBR. Hands were waving and fans were singing right along. Awesome.

Flint Rasmussen went rather quiet for this event. Round five was full of the wrecks, spills and rides of a life time. The most touching moment was to see Chris Shivers retirement tribute. He has been a tremendous representative of the sport and really humble about it to boot. He was man enough to shed a tear on live television too, something I respect. He chose bulls that challenged himself and bucked off them for his troubles. He got the wreck of the night as well as he hung up on his bull rope against Monty the Bull. In the end, Robson Palermo won the average, Silvano Alves won the World Championship and Emilio Resende got the Rookie of the Year. The Brazilians are hungrier than the Canadians, Mexicans and the American’s I guess. I would have loved to have seen JB Mauney get a ride, or more Canadians ride but thems the breaks. I loved every second of it and would totally do it again. I loved seeing the children there and I loved the reverent and respectful flavor of it as well.
Cowboys!

Chris Shivers

Still on!

Flint Rasmussen







After the event and all the bells and whistles that went along with it, we trudged back to the hotel for the final time. I took the opportunity to have a free glass of zinfendal and rested my feet in the pool. Once our limousine arrived to take us to the airport, we rode away to the airport. Miraculously, the luggage was not overweight. So, we had dinner at the Chop House but the best thing? There was another Coffee Bean and Tea Company so I got another of my mocha hazelnut drinks to sip at on the plane. Yum.





Now, I am listening to the clanging of the slots as we wait for the plane to arrive to take us to the frigid cold north….doesn’t sound like a good idea, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment