Monday, February 25, 2013

Frosted with February

Have you ever had one of those months, and really I do mean months, that you just can't wait to see the back end of? February has always seemed to have that effect on me, and this one is no exception. This has been a month that feels as though I am living with Calamity Jane. I have a horrible feeling that I might actually be Jane in disguise.

There have been the workplace disasters, some preventable and most just need dealing with. These have the ability to have your heart sink to your knees and sometimes even claw your eyes out when you can't believe what you are seeing. Northern winters combined with old buildings is sometimes more than I can fix.

There have also been the home front disasters from burnt food, to missing wallets, to very ill children to van repairs and the like. Most are just irritating but the sick kids was rather trying. And for the record, I am so done with sick kids - they have had everything this winter - including stuff that I didn't know could be caught, like Scarlet Fever. That had me rereading Little House on the Prairie books until a wise doctor shook his head and rolled his eyes at me for worrying. Apparently, antibiotics fix that too.

On the fitness front, we have had some severe relapses in terms of sensible food intake (and I still could totally nosh on some amazing Italian pizza or a rich creamy soup). The fun factor increased while the food factor failed. There have been scheduling issues with the Y where instructors are no shows for various reasons. Tonight, instead of combat there was core class. It wasn't quite the butt kicking (shaping) class I was hoping for. Falling up the stairs and walking into the wall at work, weren't on the agenda but I managed that all the same.




This is the month where car renewals fall and mortgages need to be refinanced. It is the month of budgeting for house projects that need doing after years of heavy play. It is Ikea planning and storage thinking. Of course, I had to cancel my credit cards just before really needing them. For others, it seems to be the month of for sale signs and plotting BC climates. I am so going to miss some of my oldest friends in the Mac. At least they will be visitable.

Yes, I am done with February. I am finishing off February with a trip to the city. I am praying for a decent and notably SAFE drive along 63. There are the new nieces and nephew to visit and reconnecting with play dates. I intend to have some fun and forget February. March madness, bring it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment