Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Power of Positive Thinking: Valentine

Think positively and you will reap the rewards. This is the mantra that I am hinging on this Valentine's Day. After the beginnings of this year challenging me at all corners in terms of positive thinking, I find myself thinking about the people in my life. I have some amazing people in my life, and I thought I would share some of my perspective on what makes them truly gemstones worth keeping.

1) I love the people that pay attention to the details. A wee post or comment that makes sense when I need it. Whether it is a positive word of encouragement or advice that will cheer me up to have a better day, these detail people are incredibly wise and accurate with their thoughts. These are the people that notice when I have lost track of time and remind me gently to get going, or accomplish something. These are important to me and I value them.

2) I love the people that genuinely enjoy quality time spent in my company. This year, my Tim Horton's shenanigans took a twist when a bunch of 40 something women added me to their coffee mornings after workout. I love being the babe of this group and their humor and wit is fantastic to share in. I love that it is consistent and while the numbers change, you know that by 10:20 on Thursdays - Tim's will be invaded by yoga pants and sweat and loud laughter. If you like quiet - this might not be the time to go. Add to that my other coffee playmates, scrapbookers and dancers and evening visitations and life is full and frivolous. Just the way I like it.

3) I love the people that are unique. Each person in my life has something that is special and creative and of value. I like spending time with them to experience their personalities with openness and warmth. I know each one is different and yet, they are my friends. Clever, charming, spontaneous, reliable, wise, energized, humorous, non-judgemental, helpful, serene and strong. You are the rocks that my life is built on. (Outside of church - but that is another blog).

4) I love knowing that despite my struggles and challenges, I can have a visit with someone and develop new perspective that enables me to "think my way out of the paper bag". I love knowing that I can be over the moon with joy and happiness and have people that will celebrate with me.

5) Best of all, I love that I have family and friends near and far that I can keep in touch with and you all know you are loved and appreciated. From my rogue travelling random acts of tourism companions to islanders to overseas to right here at home, there are some magnificent memories still to be made.

I can't ever really express what my friends mean to me, but with Valentine's Day being tomorrow, I thought some of you need to know exactly how incredible you are. I love you much!

No comments:

Post a Comment