Thursday, February 21, 2013

Who is perfect?

I am not a perfect person
I have many flaws you see
While I work for more improvements
This is just how God made me

I might not fold the laundry
Or have your favorite shirt
I cannot help that you wore it
And rolled around in dirt

I cannot devote my day
To the house and cleaning
I have to work sometimes
I find it quite rewarding

Between homework, dance and gym
Spending time with friends and fun
Not to mention cleaning
I freely admit, there is lots to be done

I went to a course on choices
To try and start anew
I made some commitments
I honor them, can't you?

No matter what I do or don't
It is never quite enough
I have to deal with my crap
Just not the other stuff

So when you think I don't listen
Or hear a word you say
Just take a moment
To ask about my day

I might have been on a field trip
Or drying another's eye
I might have gone for groceries
Or had coffee on the fly

And sometimes I choose to do nothing
To try and take care of me
Why is that so hard
For you to accept and to see?

There are things that make a family
Brighter to behold
Being unique individuals
Is more precious than gold

So I challenge you this week
Before you decide to complain
What would you rather live with
Sunshine or rain?

I am not a perfect person
I do my very best
To mind my temper and bring more joy
And forget about the rest.








No comments:

Post a Comment