Thursday, April 11, 2013

Battle of the Bulge or Luggage with Teeth?

I had plans for my afternoon. Really truly grown up plans that involved reading a book that has been sitting on the counter, sipping a cup of tea and possibly doing a couple of hours of work in between loads of laundry. Instead, I walked past the hanger of two new closet bags that were intended to house dance costumes for the girls. With the best of intentions, I decided to do things differently this year and try a different brand of organized. 

WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?

I did the first truly awful thing. I opened the door to the dance cupboard, or sporting cupboard, it holds all the gear from all the stuff. It houses art supplies, shoes for all the things, flippers, goggles, swimsuits, costumes and dance wear, makeup and did I mention the shoes? There are things that hang and boxes. There is even an overflow bag for the things to be grow into or grown out of. In this particular instance, I opened it and got rained on. After pondering the situation, I sucked it up. The battle of the bulge was on!


I hauled everything out and dusted the floor. I sorted and I organized. The costumes were put into their bags with shoes, tights, stage makeup and the rest of the paraphernalia. I opened the bags, got bit by the zippers, and tried not to get offended when they dropped on my toes. The stuff that was too big is now on the top, but slowly order came to the closet. The luggage with teeth was banished back into the cupboard. The art supplies were stacked. The overflow bag is back in the cupboard.

Then I looked at the clock.

This one small cupboard has chewed up 2.5 hours. I have no time for my tea or book. I have just enough time to put on some laundry, grab the swim bag and the Thursday dance stuff and head back out the door. I don't know whether to sulk or be amused.

The worst part is that I wandered into the bathroom and the thought was PAINT. I should get the spackle and PAINT.

The battle of the bulge is over but the battle of the spackle is looming. Maybe not today, but the idea is there.

Please make it stop....????

No comments:

Post a Comment