Sunday, August 12, 2012

Butterfingers

Bruises...I think I actually have bruises...on my shins, elbows, side of my hand and other places that I haven't even looked at yet. Today is yet another of those days that I will look back on and chuckle. Giggle a bit and hmmm look to the sky heavenward and pretend that perhaps it wasn't so bad. But truthfully, it was. Ever heard of butterfingers? In my case, it was buttery everything - including but not limited to - the butter dish. That clattered across the floor as I dropped it from the fridge.

Books have fallen from the bedside table as I got out of bed this morning. Looking for a coupon in the car, I managed to drop my camera inbetween the seat and the console. Trying to get it out, I dropped my wallet down the other side. Once at breakfast, I managed to drop other contents of my purse onto the floor as I tried to retrieve my wallet. Later, at the birthday party, I dropped my fork, the cake and vegetables to the floor. At home, the chili spoon went sailing across the counter before flipping onto the floor - scattering a wake of chili spray along with it. School supplies and laundry have also had their share of moments today.

Now, I realize that I tend to approach kitchens with a bit of trepidation. That is warranted based on episodes like the arc welding of the crock pot bang, and the turkey fire incident. However, I don't tend to be this disaster prone when just walking through a space. I also note that I do tend to have one speed when it comes to household chores. That typically involves the phraseology of "Get er done!" The faster the better so that I can sit and read a book...or something...

I think today I just lacked coordination. So when it was time to go and play baseball, you would think that I had the sense to stay home. Oh no...that would have been logical and perhaps even practical. I went anyway to rock the purple mitt. I played back catcher and caught a ball or two. I missed a few...hit a few with the bat. The bases were rounded and I learned a few more of the rules. Maybe by the end of the season, I will actually know them. Hahaha...

But the bruises from today? I have banged into counters, slipped on the stairs, dropped things on my toes and essentially inflicted various degrees of color coding to my personal self. Blue, black, purple and green...not to mention yellow. Sigh...I sure hope that by tomorrow I figure out how to be coordinated again.

This was crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment