Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Art of Shuffling Children

September is the month where parents have to put the summer languid days behind them and relearn the art of shuffling children. Some have to move more children than others. Admittedly, I am down a couple of kids this year but I still have my own to shuffle from place to place. With September comes school, school buses and bus stop shuffles. With September, comes the ever popular extra curricular activities. Everything starts fresh in September...except maybe the parents.

Shuffling children is an art form in this house. I thought I would make everyone else feel better when they ponder the madness I have voluntarily created. Why? We have northern winters which means in about 3 weeks, I can no longer do the go outside and play thing for another 6 months. So, to keep the munchkins active and not bored, I add stuff to do...other than homework.

7:00 am rise 'n' shine
7:30 out the door for Bus 1
7:50 back in the house for piano practise with child 2
8:20 out the door for Bus 2
8:40 go to work
2:30 leave work

then you either have option A = pick up child 1 from school or B from the bus
3:35 pick up child 2 from bus.
Snack children with prepacked snack
Activity (fit in piano, pottery, dance class or homework) depending on child
Supper either at home or downtown at studio - again depending on the day of the week.

4 days a week.
Plus add in my own exercise activities
Now add in birthdays and weekend gymnastics
Now add in swimming (January)

This makes me appreciate the fact that I seem to be able to accomplish this with little problem...so far.
But what will happen when it snows? The city is under construction and you can't get anywhere on time as it is. And...could someone tell me how many days it is until summer vacation? I miss summer. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment