Sunday, February 5, 2012

Musical Motivation

The house is quiet and I have it all to myself. Now, some would think that it would be a good idea to enjoy the peace and quiet. I could settle with a cuppa and curl up in front of the fire with a book. I really could and the idea is very tempting but for some reason I can't ignore the laundry that needs folding, the packing that needs to happen (Or the list of stuff that I want to pack), the lunches that need to be created, and so on. So, I flipped on my musical play list and am totally getting a groove on as I shuffle, tap, wiggle, hip hop and basically dance through the house.

"I work out"...lift the laundry basket...parade up the stairs...move the vaccum..."I'm sexy and I know it." Ha take that you dirt bag. Ha...got the better of you lunch kit...you are stuffed..."look at that body" I work out. GRIN.

It surprises me sometimes that all it takes is a great song with a tremendous beat and suddenly the household chores take on an element of fun. Now, keep in mind that the only people that get the best of this performance are the neighbours that are foolish enough to look through the windows. I was foolish enough not to draw the curtains on the understanding that if people are desperate enough to look in, they can have a great show. It tickles my sense of humor to dance as I get the stuff done. Musical motivation is a great thing.

I choose music that I love to drive to. They have to have a beat suitable to the speed limit "girl you take me higher..the sky is the limit"...wouldn't cut it for that task. I like ZZ top still as my favorite. "Sharp dressed man" brings to mind a wedding that I attended as Ian's "will you go as I can't find a real girl." Nice eh? I play songs with good memories and good beats, as really, I don't need yet another speeding ticket. I magically got four last autumn after years without. They were saving up. Since I have hours of open roads around me, music is critical.


Music sets the stage for my mood more than I care to think about. I have music for parties and music to relax to. I have music that other people like and I have music that I like that my friends just stare at me for (Levellers anyone? Pulp? Sigh). "I can take it, take it no more....DJ...what you waiting for." I think though at the moment, I should just enjoy the moment that I have to listen to what I like. No competition with the reckless adventures of teletoon, or YTV. No football since I didn't take anyone up on the Superbowl party.

But here is the dilemna...I need more music. Your mission if you choose to accept it is to send random selections of good songs and artists. I hate to confess it, but I am getting bored of my current selection. "It's been said and done."

"You are beautiful..." And on that note...I will go and clean more of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment