Saturday, June 16, 2012

Boredom at the Airport: LMFAO.





Hawk from SYTYCD and QUEST. My favorite!

Flying. Dallas and flying. For me, both of these flights have involved over nights of being awake. I had the red-eye flights on the way down. I went 37 bleary eyed hours of being awake thanks to rowdy folk and morning coffee. Now on the way back, I have had to leave at a ridiculous 2:30 in the morning. This wouldn’t have been so bad, except I had to functionally navigate my way along interstates, constructions zones and toll roads. 

By the time that I got the rental car dropped off, I was ready for coffee. Coffee was not to be had anywhere so I waited for check in. Air Canada didn’t start until 4:30. However, I was the first in line. Lucky me! That meant that I was the first in the incredibly long security line. I got to shuffle in step with all sorts of people. There was the bride and her destination wedding dress. There was the business man in a hurry (but he had to wait). There was the fast line up for all the people that felt like more money meant a faster line. Bwahahaha…not so much. I already know that our flight is going to be late. 

Coffee would eventually be found at Main Street News. Thank goodness Starbucks started bottling their brand of caffiene. I don't think that I would have made it. But that was after security. We had another adventure there.

However, LMFAO decided to wake us all up with an appearance in the line. They were nabbed and scanned just like the rest of us. They went through security with me and now are being mobbed by photo opportunists. I wonder how awake I really am? Oh, and it turns out after all this, that while I decided not to do the whole fan photo thing and was going to blog about how bored I am at the airport, they have turned up at the gate. Sorry folks, the people watching is much too cool this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment