Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer Road Trip 2013: Ocean Shores



Morning broke in Ocean Shores with fine misty fog and little visibility. So much for the forecast being correct, and so much for the summer weather we had been getting accustomed to. Instead, we wandered to the church next door for Sunday Services. Being Sunday, and having a church next door, that was too easy. What was more interesting was that they genuinely appreciate the tourist traffic that wanders in their door and made sure that they told you their names as they greeted you. 

By lunchtime though, we still hadn’t found the grocery store, so we proceeded to the North Shore Grill as we toured the surroundings. I had a 10% off coupon, which always appeals to me. The staff was friendly and the service was very fast. I have to say hands down that they have the best clam chowder too. I could eat bowls, not just one. 

With the proverbial mist not lifting to sunshine, the car tour seemed like the best plan. We drove around until we found Daemon Point and went rock hunt

Suitable Art - not ours though

Driftwood Cottage


ing. There were rocks of all colours and shapes, including a moonstone for me, jade and jasper washing up. There was a driftwood fort that kept the kids occupied and sea shells on the other shore. If you ever have to kill an afternoon and like rocks, drawing in the sand and such things, it was wonderful. Happily, I love that stuff!

After a fun filled afternoon, we headed back to the resort to wait for Nana. She arrived but was hungry so we went to Alec’s for supper. Not the best plan, despite the rave reviews. Be prepared to wait for a table for over 30 minutes as they are short staffed, and don’t be surprised to see your meal sit under the heat lamps while the harried waitress tries to figure out where the food all goes. After over an hour, I got my congealed fish and chips and what tasted like out of a can clam chowder. My stress level was through the roof after dealing with restless kids and a displeased Nana, so I elected to leave most of my food on my plate and left hungry. I have no idea why people like it there, I’ll be back to the North Shore Grill in a heart beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment