Monday, November 15, 2010

And then there was calm

There is a funny sensation when the snow flies and the air freezes wee icicles to the tip of your nose. There is the fun of blowing breath rings into random aerial shapes. You can lick your fingers and draw ice pictures on the glass. Might I mention that you also have to clean said glass once you are finished. There is time to waste watching fire flies climb the logs and setting themselves free. Yes, this is the calm.

I have to say that hooliganting can be tiring. There are the rehearsals and children's activities that are brain wearing. There were brain cells there at the beginning of things....I am convinced although others might disagree. There was the visit from the cooking Nana, the cleaning Nana, the pool rustling Nana, and the coffee pot managing Nana, and the party Nana. All those Nana's are one and the same. We have short bread cookies, lemon merangue pie, casseroles, fruit salad and chicken. My kitchen is sparkly as Nana  has a permanent allergic reaction to dishwashers.

Add to that the delights of birthday parties. Children and company celebrated by ramaging the pool, play pit and sound studio. The rooms echoed to the point that when the party continued at our house, the adults soon found the antidote with whine. And wine of course. . .the favorite being "Dirty Laundry". Adult jello was supplied and Advil followed a few hours later. I have often wondered how a party just happens by accident, but I can't say I mind much.

Oh, but we weren't done yet. My brother decided to go to Vegas for the weekend and is having issues getting home after being bumped off his flight. I wonder how many more times he is going to get burned by giving up his well being for the damsel in distress. I am sure that it is highly overrated. It has cost him $$$ so far and he may or may not get home tomorrow. Aargh. The amusing part was juggling phone calls while figuring out flights and limos for my own trip. How is it that airlines take no responsibility for screwing you over? No, I am not going to think about it. Exploding hotels,delayed flights and fog . . .not going to think about it.

However, after all the business, I am loving the fact that I don't have to be anywhere. There is no where I have to drive. So . . .I wonder . . .who is up for hooliganting tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment