Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Diversions

There I was, behind the wheel again. The tires slithered and slurped their way through the murky slush. Traffic has crawled to a standstill. My brain cells twig and tweet to each other and have me thinking . . .can I get there in time.

There would be back up the hill from downtown to deliver children to various residences before I have to be back downtown for another appointment. I had spent the afternoon delivering posters, forms, messages and children to various locations as it was and then it happened. The traffic snarled and snorted and chuckled to a thumb twiddling standstill. I sat there and listened to the great debate in the back seats. The most common theme being that the natives were "starving."

The phone rang and since nothing was on the go, I answered it. Traffic was definately growling at the other direction too. This was quite obviously a no win situation. So, I decide that dinner out it is. I call to arrange the children's transfer to be at the illustrious Boston Pizza as they have Pasta Tuesdays. The tutor that I had forgotten about decided that he wasn't feeling well and cancelled. And I turn around and suddenly remembered that I had someone else's child too. That means calling the parents to let them know that I am definately not moving, and will feed their child, and will have said child returned once it is possible to navigate the road.

I have to say that dinner was great. The children were almost delightful. I made it to the appointment on time and now I have peace and quiet. There were no additional shennanigans at all. I wonder if I can go out for dinner every Tuesday. . .

No that is not practical or affordable. But sometimes, the weather provides a diversion and I for one am very pleased with the result! Now, about that laundry . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment