Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Florida: Magic Kingdom Take Two









Perhaps Magic Kingdom is not the smartest move when you have been awake until 2:00 am the night before playing Farkal and drinking wine. The glorious sunshine was beckoning despite me, and so I heaved myself out of bed. A picnic was packed in record time and it was time to hit the park again.

Funnily enough, I was able to handle the check in process a lot easier. Perhaps going on a week day makes more sense. The crowds felt less frantic and less crazed. Instead of the monorail crush, we took the ferry over and that was more relaxed too. Experience also helps as we opted to go in and take the train around to Frontier Land to get our fast passes for the day. Peter Pan was still sold out though.

Today’s adventures included the Jungle Cruise of bad humour, two rounds on Pirates of the Carribean followed by Thunder Mountain, Tom Sawyers Island, Peter Pan (worth the wait), the Little Mermaid (not worth the wait), the Carousel and meeting Minnie Mouse. From there, we cruised over to Space Mountain and rode that ride several times in a row. I loved it. So did the girls. I think I have roller coaster junkies on my hands. We had fast passes for Thunder Mountain though so we paused for the fireworks and then headed back to Thunder Mountain where we closed the park down.

I have to say, thank goodness for cell phones. It made it much easier to meet up with people today, despite being on different time clocks. The other thing to consider while at Disney Parks is how to feed the natives over a twelve hour period. We sampled the macaroni and cheese at Friar Tucks which was good but very expensive so my picnics have to be larger. In fact, once we were finished at the park, we were all still hungry so that meant a break at IHOP break before crawling bleary eyed into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment