Thursday, February 27, 2014

Florida: Star Island, Downtown Disney and Medieval Times

Blogging is great if you have something to write about. Yesterday, the day was spent sitting around the pool at Star Island, reading books and generally relaxing. The girls slept and napped and played so there was little motivation to leave and for once, I decided that THAT was okay.

Star Island has been a great resort. There are pools and hot tubs, tennis courts and mini golf centrally located in the middle. There are bar staff and activity staff, with the convenience store so it feels safe to let the children loose a little so that they have some Independence. So much so, that I decided to go for a massage to fix the wicked pillow headache that I acquired on being here. No idea what villains stalked my sleep but I sure woke up worse for wear. The masseuse was amazing and managed to get my neck from terrible to not bad. The kids won ice cream and got sun kissed through cloud cover.

In the evening, the rain came so it seemed like a good idea to venture to Downtown Disney to get a small boy a birthday gift. With the construction and lack of map, I missed some great places to visit but managed to get thoroughly frustrated by Lego. In there, you can lose children in 1.2 seconds flat and they don't seem to have the stock that you would think they would. Disney Lego....out of stock. I wound up in a cloud of blue depression that just about killed my mood for the day. However, the bright side came with finding Pluto for my eldest and baby aristocrat for the younger so that was at least one mission accomplished. I think it would be a great place to eat and hang out sans kids, but with them...not a good idea.

This morning proved to be a lazy one as well. There are some great outlet malls near here so I stocked up on clothing for the coming birthdays and such, found fabulous coffee and shoes. From there, it was time for the girls spa appointments at Star Island. I was impressed. It was bibbity bobbity boo without the price tag. They were thrilled and looked lovely. Tiaras and magic wands were included.

Why? Medieval Times. My eldest loved it so much the last time we came to Disney that I promised to go back. It was just as good the second time. We had seats in the front, and cheered on the Yellow Knight enthusiastically. We were a party of 13 so we were loud and medievally. The food was delicious and plentiful as was the ale. They ply you with photos for purchase and allow you to walk through their museum exhibition beforehand. All in all, it was a great evening out for our last one together.

Tonight finished off with a birthday celebration for the wee man who is 4 and the party continued until, well now. I don't think we really got the hang of this time change. Our body clocks have just gone with the flow.

Tomorrow it is back to the Magic Kingdom. Everyone else, please stay home...love me.

I don't have a lot of images for this one that are any good. So much for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment