Saturday, February 22, 2014

Florida: Star Island and Horse World

Laziness. Sheer bliss it was to sleep in and not have to worry about being somewhere on time. Except check-out, which was supposed to be at 10:00. But, 10:30 was good too. Thankfully. The Jeep was packed and raring to go but then, I saw it.

Mini-golf. Out we got from the jeep and went to the recreation centre and scored balls and putters. It was a great way to cap off our stay at Mystic Dunes. There were no ants on the course. They were still in the room. After the game, which I lost, we drove off to IHOP for the epic breakfast.

And then it poured rain. Bucket loads of water splashed everything clean and soaked folk to the skin. Thunder clapped and more water deluged.

Time to check in methinks. Star Island was just around the corner and we went to our check it. On first glance it is brighter and more resort like. There are activities and music coming from the pool area. We checked in and found our room which bless them, is on the second floor. It is stunning and spacious. There are three beds so everyone has their own space and two living rooms. Yay.

However, on the drive in I spied a sign that said Horse World 12 miles. I googled it and found it on the map with a phone number. I called and made the reservation and off we went again plus one bff from home. Horse World is a clever little trail ride company that has a variety of tour options for the novices to the experienced. The horses were lovely and trails were charming. It was a great way to spend an hour. I will say that I missed my camera as this is the first company that has not allowed any photography or electronic devices of any kind. Safety first is taken seriously here. They also have a very dangerous little gift shop. If you want something that is not Disney and is great for kids, this might be it.










After the ride, it was time to find the local Publix grocery store and restock. I have to say I like the Publix chain. Their prices seem okay and the bakery and produce are very good. I have lunch stuff again and can make lunches during the gold medal game in the morning. Epcot it is for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment